Album 14 - Lone Justice - Lone Justice

Lone Justice
Self-titled
1985

I remember hearing Lone Justice's "Ways to Be Wicked" in my high school days, almost certainly from MTV or WHFS in Baltimore. But I can't say as I knew anything else by them so it seemed like a solid enough choice for the mid-80s selection of 1985.

I have mixed feelings about this one, to be honest. Alt-country has never been my thing aside from a few outliers (Hello Beat Farmers!) And this album is definitely full of the things that turn me off from the genre. The musicianship is there, of course, and Maria McKee can belt the hell out of a song. But I feel no strong connection to any of it. And some things actively put me off. There are worse ways to spend a weekend day than listening to this album for a review. On the other hand, I likely won't remember when asked in a few weeks time what I did that day.

Oh well. Not every album must endure forever. This one can just be fun in the moment and then fade into the 'morrows. So here are some "Ways to be Wicked" if you ever find yourself East of Eden

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 3, Camel "Breathless"

Album 13, Le Tigre "Le Tigre"

Week 2, Shane Hennessy "Marrakech"